Dear Never-Trumpers by RoseAnn Salanitri
First, let me say that I understand why you find Donald Trump objectionable. You prefer a candidate who is polished and eloquent – one whose manners and decorum represent you well within the world dignitaries’ crowd. Perhaps you would prefer someone like George W. Bush, the man who simply did not know how to veto a spending bill and launched us into unwinnable wars; or perhaps you thought the charming Bill Clinton was more to your liking – even though his sexual exploits were notoriously evident; or perhaps you would have preferred someone like the silver-tongued Barack Obama who could make you shake your head in agreement while saying absolutely nothing. Maybe I’ve offended you because you would never vote for a fornicator or silver-tongued Marxist. You consider yourself to be a Conservative with Conservative values and you have an image of what a president should be. And like them or not, Bush, Clinton and Obama represent the politicians we’ve accepted as normal for far too long – men whose character flaws we could accept because they fit the image of what we thought a president should look like and talk like. They were men many thought could do a good job in spite of their shortcomings. It is precisely these types that have led us astray and dismantled our freedoms one-by-one, all while fitting our image of what a president should look like.
Enters Donald Trump – a man who has many flaws that cannot be swept under the proverbial rug. Yes, he is abrasive at times. Yes, his tweets can make us cringe. And, yes, his past exploits can be embarrassing. He is all those things that don’t fit our image of a president or a man chosen by God, except if you consider Sampson or many of the flawed men God used, including the wise King Solomon who had a different wife for every day of a three year period. Regardless, you may be considering not voting in this election.
Here’s why I’m asking – no, I’m begging you to reconsider.
A while back, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, while living in NAZI Germany, said:“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”With great humility, I would like to add my two cents to his brilliant quote, which is: Not to vote is to vote.
You see, my friends, when you don’t vote for one candidate, you are effectively voting for the other by bringing them one vote closer to election. If Trump’s personality offends you, please consider if his personality is more offensive than the Democrat’s platform and Biden’s governance worldview.
Biden recently told a mother with an eight-year-old transgender child that if he were elected, he would make sure her eight-year-old would get hormone treatments. Of course in California, as well as other states, that is already possible – and it is possible without the parent’s consent or knowledge, just like abortion is so possible. So, if you don’t vote for Trump, you are voting for this practice to continue unabated.
Here’s other issues you would be voting for if you stay home on Election Day. You would be voting:
- To fund Planned Parenthood for their abominable practices of providing abortions up to and including the time of birth, and then selling the body parts of the aborted babies;
- For the legalization of euthanasia;
- For the further eradication of our Second Amendment rights;
- For globalization and the demolition of borders and national sovereignty;
- For our jobs to once again be sent to China;
- For our re-patriotized companies to once again be forced to operate overseas due to the high tax burdens imposed upon them statewide and nationwide;
- For assaults against our Christian faith to be once again increased while we are villianized and Muslims are praised;
- For your First Amendment right to assemble to be protected only if it is violent and not peaceful, as the Constitution requires;
- To rejoin the Paris Accord, where environmentally offensive countries hypocritically tell America what she can’t and can do to the environment;
- To give everyone everything free they can imagine, that is until your moneyruns out;
- For a Supreme Court that will be packed with progressives that will over throw every principle of protection afforded to us in our Constitution;
- For a man with 47 years of un-accomplishment;
- For a man who is willing to sell American favors in exchange for family favors that increase their coffers and eventually trickle down to him;
- For a man who wants you to believe him about your healthcare when he lied about its cost when he was Vice President;
- To surrender the country to the Marxist Deep State and the annihilation of the constitutional principle that our rights come from God, whom Marxists deny as our Almighty;
- To surrender our freedom to assemble as a congregation – and making it illegal to sing praise songs;
- To ban the Bible and censor all teachings regarding the controversies between evolution and creation;
- To ban all principles based on the Bible, such as marriage and even liberty of conscience if it is offensive to the powers that be;
- To once again gut our military and create Rules of Engagement in wartime situations that are absurd, humiliating, and outrageously dangerous;
- To once again “reinvent” our energy independence that will not only eradicate associated jobs but will affect gas prices that will approach the $4.00 mark, as they did when Biden was VP, which in turn negatively affected the cost of all transportation and transported commodities, trickling down to prices on the shelves of our food markets and just about everything that is not produced locally;
- For every anti-Christian/anti-God principle the devil can sugar coat.
- To continue financing terror states, such as Iran, who has called us the Great Satan and has vowed to wipe us off the face of the earth.
If any of the above items are acceptable to you, then go ahead and vote for Biden through abstentia. If they are not acceptable, please reconsider your position and take a stand to secure our freedoms and preserve our liberties. For as Bonhoeffer said, “…God will not hold us (you) guiltless,” and neither will I.
About the Author
RoseAnn Became politically active during the Clinton presidency when government interference began to negatively impact the education system. Her experience in fighting Goals 2000 helped her to understand the pitfalls of government-run schools along with all of its social and moral indoctrinations. Additionally, her experience within the Creation Science speakers circuit helped her to understand the impact the teaching of evolution has had on our youth and on our government, which eventually led her to found Veritas Christian Academy, a Christian high school in Sussex County, NJ. In 2009, she founded the Sussex County Tea Party Patriots (now called Skylands Tea Party), and was a founding board member as well as President for the NJ Tea Party Caucus and founding member for NJ Tea Parties United. In the past, she and Pastor Stephen Nash co-founded The Black Robe Regiment of NJ, which was comprised of politically motivated church leaders and pastors. From 2005-2011, she served as both Contributing and Acquisitions Editor for the NJ Family Policy's yearly flagship publication, Family Magazine, where she met the Rev. Dr. Gloria Harris, whom she would go on to co-host a local tv/radio show with. After which, she co-hosted a radio show with state Senator Richard LaRossa, as well as briefly co-hosting "Bordering Insanity" with retired INS agent, Mike Cutler. Currently, she has launched a Christian "counterpoint" initiative with Pastor Doug Thuen that is designed to equip the younger generation to face the biblical and cultural challenges of our days.