LeBron James: “Who Died And Made Him The Spokesman?”
Uninformed ignorant people irk me beyond measure; as do those with the intellectual acumen of night crawlers left on a fishing pier in the hot afternoon sun. Adding to the aforementioned, those who I find particularly offensive are the people who confuse being a successful athlete or actor with someone actually capable of contributing more than an entertainment component.
Combining all of the same into one demographic, I find it especially repulsive when a black athlete or entertainer assumes they can become the next Martin Luther King by seizing upon manufactured injustice(s). Which brings me to LeBron James.
When I was growing up we had a saying: “Who died and made you boss?” This is question I would proffer to James. He has the ability to put ball 29.5 inches in circumference into a round hoop that is 18 inches in diameter using a variety of differing methods; with a repetitive rate that is deemed worthy of hundreds of millions of dollars in salary and advertising money based upon his entertainment value.
However, none of those things makes him a spokesman for black people as a whole and it darn sure doesn’t make him the next Dr. King. It makes him someone with a unique athletic skillset, but that is not to be viewed as being synonymous with an above average IQ. It doesn’t even indicate he has an average IQ.
Don’t misunderstand me, I’m not saying James doesn’t have an average or above average IQ; I am saying that if he does, he doesn’t show it. I’ve personally known quite a few profession athletes in my time, some of whom couldn’t pass an open book exam with the answers underlined and highlighted in the text book. That’s because they cannot read.
I’m not saying James cannot read, I am saying he does not comprehend the reality of skin-color issues because his cosmological view is jaundiced and steeped in inferiority complexes that he doesn’t have the intellectual capacity to resolve.
James has accused President Trump of using sports to divide America based upon race and the mainstream “fake news” media were quick to give him his 15 minutes of newsreel fame. However, a couple things are problematic with his assertions.
President Trump is not dividing America; he is defending America and the sacrosanct symbols of our great nation – something that those like James are loath to understand. I also repeat that which I have stated ad nauseam. There is no such thing as “race.” The idea that same exists and is based upon crayon colors, is a fallacious construct created by social-Darwinists to support the myth of evolution. It was used by Hitler to validate his extermination of Jews based upon the lie of German superiority.
If James were a fraction of the man he thinks he is, he would honor his commitment to perform in the capacity for which he is employed. If he were a percentage of the man he fancies himself, he would not be the selfish, egotistical, self-centered athlete who prostitutes himself to whatever team appears to have the best chance of winning a title at that moment.
President Trump has stood firm and proved himself a winner by actually refusing to quit. President Trump has shown loyalty. James is not a winner and he is not loyal; he is a quitter who takes his ball and goes to the next team he thinks he can cash in on. President Trump stayed the course and made himself and those who trusted him winners by doing so.
James has trophies, homes, and millions of dollars; but that obviously doesn’t mean he has understanding. If he had understanding he would ask the same question(s) those of us who do have a firm grip on reality are asking.
James would start with asking just where the injustice and threat to the existence and wellbeing of blacks truly exists. Hmmm, let’s see.
• Nearly 20 million black mothers have murdered their children utilizing the services of an industry created, (and I argue maintained), for the express purpose of erasing blacks as a demographic. That industry led by Planned Parenthood has resulted in blacks as a demographic being reduced by over 30 percent. Isn’t that worthy of his time to protest?
• He would ask why Colin Kaepernick starting taking a knee blaming the America that saw him adopted by a white family; the America in which he was paid tens of millions of dollars for being a marginal quarterback at best?
• He would ask if it is racism that has white families buying his Jersey and purchasing sneakers that he endorses?
• Instead of protesting police officers when a black thug is shot by an officer, James should be asking himself and his protesting “Trump is a racist” buddies to compare the number of blacks murdered by other blacks.
• Between 1976 and 2011, 279,384 blacks were killed, with 262,621 being killed by another black person. That means, that over a 35-year period, 94 percent of all blacks murdered were murdered by other blacks.
• If James were who he wants to be received as, he would question why the national black homicide victimization rate is six times higher than of whites and in some cities, it is 22 times higher than that of whites?
• Instead of going on CNN to attack President Trump as a racist, James and the “knee-benders” should go to Chicago and work with police to dramatically reduce black on black crimes and murders. There have been 1,700 shootings in Chicago since January 2018, which has resulted in 318 people killed. Let’s see if James can guess what percentage of these statistics are black?
If James were the leader he thinks he is and aspires to be, he would admit that his “hands up don’t shoot” and “hoodie” campaign was based upon totally incorrect information.
James is no leader; he is an uninformed, uneducated, rich athlete whose claim to fame is putting a ball in a hoop. If James were a leader, he would stay with one team and work to build it into a champion; instead he runs from team to team in the hope of cashing in on the painful years of suffering that it took by others to reach a point where he can come in and reap the benefits of their hard work.
President Trump is the President of the United States. We the People expect him to take pride in the symbols of our great nation, such as our Nation Anthem and our Flag.
James told CNN that President Trump is using sports to divide the nation. Apparently, he hasn’t looked around lately. For the sake of argument, the NBA (National Basketball Association) could be called the NBA (National Black Association), because blacks dominate per capita on college teams and in the NBA.
It was James who attacked President Trump shortly after he became President, by stating his team would not stay in any of the luxury hotels owned by President Trump’s business empire.
Another thing. President Trump attended and graduated from Wharton Business School, James needed a grading curve to get through high school. President Trump built a business empire by hiring the best people and then standing with them in good times and bad, until they all tasted success. James betrays his fans and those who finance the teams he plays for and the stadiums in which he plays when he jumps from team to team trying to take advantage of the hard work of others to win a championship.
James is not a leader in life if he cannot be a leader his teammates can count on during the difficult times.
President Trump isn’t using sports to divide the nation; those like James are the ones using sports to divide the nation. It is just a shame that more people do not understand that.
About the Author
Mychal S. Massie is an ordained minister who spent 13 years in full-time Christian Ministry. Today he serves as founder and Chairman of the Racial Policy Center (RPC), a think tank he officially founded in September 2015. RPC advocates for a colorblind society. He was founder and president of the non-profit “In His Name Ministries.” He is the former National Chairman of a conservative Capitol Hill think tank; and a former member of the think tank National Center for Public Policy Research. Read entire bio here