What I Observed During The SOTU
Using the State of the Union speech as a backdrop, let’s talk about why Democrats and anti-President Trump Republicans are so contemptible.
Let me start by saying that the pained facial expression of nearly all Democrats, and no few Republicans, was priceless. Nancy Pelosi’s face was contorted and at times when the camera was turned on her she was having mouth twitches consistent with those people seen wandering aimlessly about our streets talking to themselves.
The Congressional Black Caucus members had the collective look of a person trying to pass a kidney stone the size, shape, and disposition of Nancy Pelosi
The Congressional Black Caucus members had the collective look of a person trying to pass a kidney stone the size, shape, and disposition of Nancy Pelosi; either that or they were collectively suffering from the worst case of irritable bowel syndrome ever recorded. The interviews of the Congressional members who attended were conducted by C-SPAN in Sanctuary Hall. Suffice it to say their responses forced every sane person to question what SOTU speech they were talking about.
Then there was the Democrat response to the SOTU, which was given by Joe Kennedy; probably the only Kennedy not yet publicly exposed as a drunken, pill popping, drug abuser, who never saw a skirt he didn’t try to get a woman out of, albeit there is still plenty of time for all of the aforementioned including the one thing I left out, and that is his late uncle Teddy’s poor driving record on Chappaquiddick Island, with a woman in the car. That said, his late uncle Teddy’s driving record wasn’t that great tooling around the streets of Capitol Hill alone in the car at night, if rumors are to be believed.
But for all of the practiced facial contortions, including the drool in the corner of his mouth, the outrageous accusations made by Kennedy, et al, failed to shield the Democrats from the one thing they could not hide from every American watching; that was their visceral incivility and rabid contempt for America and her legal citizens.
America watched as:
• Democrats neither stood up nor applauded when President Trump said that in America it is “in God we trust,” not in government we trust.
• President Trump addressed the number of jobs created and the return industry to America that Obama had smugly said, would never return and that they were gone forever; the Democrats sat quietly not even feigned applause.
• The Democrats stayed seated when President Trump spoke of saluting the Flag and standing with hand over heart during the Pledge of Allegiance.
• Democrat women wore black to protest sexual assaults by Hollywood illuminati but they took no such stand when Bill Clinton was raping, beating, and using the power of his position to have oral sex in the hallway leading away from the Oval Office; with a young impressionable intern no less. They didn’t wear black in protest of the nearly $20 million of taxpayer’s money used to settle sexual scandals, etc. by those in their own congressional membership.
• I watched them stay seated when the President called for addressment of America’s infrastructure. Apparently the damage done to our automobiles because of the horrible roads and the expense to repair same is of no interest to them. Neither is the threat that failing bridges pose.
• Cory Booker and the rest of the Congressional Black Caucus stay seated when President Trump spoke of the need to curtail opioid deaths and opioid addiction. Maybe it was because there are no opioid related horrors taking place in their voting districts, (sarcasm intended).
• The Democrats stayed seated as President Trump spoke about the positive effect his tax cuts meant for the families of America. Apparently Democrats don’t care that American taxpayers were suffering under oppressive tax codes.
• They stayed seated when the President spoke of the tough stance he had taken with Cuba and Venezuela.
• Democrats stayed seated when President Trump said that the Capitol was a monument to the American people.
It was disgraceful, but it was also telling that the politicians who are supposedly serving in the best interest of America and her citizens, would be offended to the point that they could not acknowledge the good being done for America.
My question to you is this: If they are so disgusted and opposed to Making America Great Again, why are they still in office? Perhaps it’s to make themselves rich through their Ponzi schemes, the lobbyist payoffs, payola, and the ability to write and pass legislation that exclusively benefits them and the select few who can afford to contribute massive amounts to their campaigns.
About the Author
Mychal S. Massie is an ordained minister who spent 13 years in full-time Christian Ministry. Today he serves as founder and Chairman of the Racial Policy Center (RPC), a think tank he officially founded in September 2015. RPC advocates for a colorblind society. He was founder and president of the non-profit “In His Name Ministries.” He is the former National Chairman of a conservative Capitol Hill think tank; and a former member of the think tank National Center for Public Policy Research. Read entire bio here